Friday 20 September 2013

PLANNING: OUR TREATMENT OF MILEY CYRUS 'WRECKING BALL'


We have decided to do our music video on Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus. Although this is a typical love/break up song about a girl and boy, we have decided to take an innovative approach to it. We are still following the concept of a girl and boy love story, but instead, turning it into a narrative that alternates between a reality and  fantasy world. The fantasy world is going to follow the concepts of the fairy-tale novel, Alice in Wonderland. Lyrics such as "I fell under your spell", "high up in the sky" and "running for my life", help represent the  fairy-tale  dream world the girl falls into. Nevertheless, during the chorus,  lyrics such as "never been hit so hard before" and "wrecking ball"  bring the girl back into reality. The reality represents her true feelings about the break up, whilst the fantasy world is used as an escape from all these feelings.

Establishing, two person shot, of a couple facing opposite eachother on a dining room table
To the beat, shot reverse shot of girl and boy neutral expressions

We clawed (girl), we chained (boy), our hearts in vain (girl)
We jumped (boy), never asking why (girl)
We kissed girl kisses the boy, in normal clothes when she pulls away she suddenly appears in an Alice in wonderland costume (dream world)  
I fell under your spell- Flashback to the beat. location (forest) or somewhere romantic where they first met. close up of their hands coming together. boy hands her the love potion, Alice in Wonderland type theme
A love no one could deny-(dream like), (fairy lights) 

Don't you ever say I just walked awayBoy mouths 'i love you' shes doesnt say it back (does love him really but didn't show it so boy leaves her) 
I will always want you
I can't live a lie, running for my lifechasing through the woods
I will always want you

Chorus:

I came in like a wrecking ball-cuts to slow motion arguing of couple trashing place,throwing cutlety, smashing china, slow motion. 
I never hit so hard in love. All I wanted was to break your walls-(reality)
All you ever did was wreck me
Yeah, you, you wreck me- cuts to reality, close up of girls tears, boys hands clenched

I put you high up in the sky-(performance, me singing) close up
And now, you're not coming down
It slowly turned, you let me burn-
girl standing behind fire, mean't to look like she is burning and metaphorically inside
And now, we're ashes on the ground-
cuts to 2 cigarettes, burning down into ash in ashtray

Don't you ever say I just walked away-
scrunching hair (back into dream) arieal shot of her in a dream, her hand still holding the love potion
I will always want you- set out like Mad Hatters tea party, everything is happy, couple smiling and pouring eachother drinks
I can't live a lie, running for my life

I will always want you

I came in like a wrecking ball- (dream world) ripps off Alice in Wonderland costume, to reveal an edgy look (shorts, crop top but not trashy) 
I never hit so hard in love-cuts to powder paint being thrown, slow motion, drum kit being hit, white room (song xperia advert) 
All I wanted was to break your walls
All you ever did was wreck me

I came in like a wrecking ball-powder paint
Yeah, I just closed my eyes and swung- running through woods in clothes
Left me crashing in a blazing fall
All you ever did was wreck me
Yeah, you, you wreck me


I never meant to start a war-
shot reverse shot boy and girl, camera following movements like on a roundabout, close up
I just wanted you to let me in
And instead of using force
I guess I should've let you win
I never meant to start a war
I just wanted you to let me in
I guess I should've let you win


Don't you ever say I just walked away- drop love potion and walks away
I will always want you- extreme close up of lips and mouths the last lines 

No comments:

Post a Comment